[Kstars-devel] Searching objects

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Thu Dec 7 21:18:04 CET 2006

I am testing the new deep sky object images, ant to do this, I'm using the
Search function.

Since I am searching different objects repeatedly, I have tried to use the
Ctrl+S shortcut, but, at least in the Italian translation, it is bound to the
Search and the Set Date/time function, which is not so good. Is it the same
in the English locale too? Anyway, I went on to use
the "Settings" -> "Configure shortcuts..." menu item to fix the issue for me,
and I found out the item is missing.

It should not be too hard to add it, since it is a standard KDE component, and
it may be handy anyway.

The other thing I noticed, while trying to go from one object to the other, is
that it would be useful if there were a method to go to the interesting body
without closing the dialog. A fast search, like the konqueror "/" shortcut
would be cool too.

On the positive side, most of the "new" images look good.

Ciao,
Luciano
--
Luciano Montanaro //