[Kstars-devel] cfitsio check

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Thu Apr 13 14:15:59 CEST 2006

--- Jason Harris <jharris at 30doradus.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I fixed all of the compile errors induced by the
> latest update of qt-copy and
> kdelibs4_snapshot.  However, at the end of the
> compile, I got a linker error
> that -lcfitsio couldn't be found (because I didn't
> have it installed).  So it
> looks like cmake is not checking for cfitsio as part
> of its configure checks.
>
> I fixed this by simply installing cfitsio, but I'm
> also seeing a number of
> linker errors in indidrivermain.o related to
> undefined references to
> variables with "XML" in their name...possibly a
> similar problem linking the
> lilxml library?

Hello Jason,

The CMakeLists.txt in INDI is only partially done.
Apogee, FLI, Webcam libraries are not at all compiled
(you can see many references to dummy.cpp to just get
things compiled).

CFITSIO is actually included in INDI under cfitsio.

The CMakeLists.txt is not complete because there are
many platform dependent checks that need to be made.

Furthermore, these is a slight problem. For example,
lilxml is need both by INDI and KStars. So if I
set(libindi_SRCS) in indi/CMakelists.txt then I'm not
sure how to tell the top directory (kstars) to 'use
it'.

The only solution I can think of is to merge
everything in indi/CMakelists.txt with KStars
CMakelists.txt.

Any better solutions?

Cheers,
Jasem