[Kstars-devel] Menu Support for HA Rey Constellations

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 29 00:14:42 CET 2005

I tracked down the problem with the cnamesList not getting updated
properly.   The problem is in the svn 3.5 code that I downloaded.
In kstarsactions.cpp there is this code:

	connect( dialog, SIGNAL( applyClicked() ),
                 this, SLOT( slotApplySettings() ) );
	connect( dialog, SIGNAL( okClicked() ),
                 this, SLOT( slotApplySettings() ) );

But there is no slotApplySettings() for this code to connect to.
There is a KStars::slotApplyConfigChanges() but nothing connects to
it.   I went back to the 3.4 code and found the following method which
I added to kstarsactions.cpp:

  void KStars::slotApplySettings() {
  // -jbb:        Options::writeConfig();
          data()->setFullTimeUpdate();
          map()->forceUpdate();
  }

Bingo!  This solved the problem.  I commented out the writeConfig()
because that happens already when the KStars object gets destroyed.
But perhaps it is safer to write it every time the configuration
changes.

PS: I've installed QT4 but I haven't tested it yet.

--
Peace, James