[Kstars-devel] earth orbiting spacecraft with TLE, SGP4 and SDP4

Bernard GODARD bernard.godard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 23:23:06 CET 2005

Hi all,

I have written a C++ library for deriving earth-orbiting satellites'
position from NORAD's TLE with the SGP, SGP4, SDP4, SGP8 or SDP8
methods, based on Dominik Brodowski SGP C library (which is itself
based on Dr TS Kelso NORAD Pascal library).

I would like to try and implement this in KStars.

Could you please tell me what is the recommended environment for
developing KStars?
Is it kdevelop? There is a kdevelop project file in the source tarball
I have downloaded.
I have kdevelop 3.2.2.
Should I use the latest sources from the subversion repository? For
now, I have the kstars-1.1-p1.tar.bz2 tarball.
Once compiled, is it possible to run the program for debugging
purposes without interfering with the data from the already installed
KStars (from a distribution package)?

Thanks for your help,

                             Bernard