[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Fri May 27 13:15:31 CEST 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 3:46 am, Hans Fairchild wrote:
> I checked this with the Meade LPI.  Color now works in the video stream
> (which also now works).  Still no color in the still image capture
> though.

FITS images are only grey scale, at least right now. But by using the video
stream window, you can take a color snapshot of what you're seeing.

> I still get the error we discussed when changing the color
> balance (including the window size behavior), but now the color balance
> does change (in the video window).  I'm looking into the exposure settings.

The size behavior is very strange. I found a bug in dynamic control settings
(red, blue, and exposure are dynamic controls obtained from the kernel module
at run time). So Please update your copy 'svn up' and try again.

I will also include more classes of dynamic controls provided by the kernel
module soon, so stay tuned.

Cheers,
Jasem

P.S. After 'svn up', you need to run 'make -f Makefile.cvs' in the kdeedu
directory, then ./configure .. make .. make install