[Kstars-devel] thumbnail in detail window

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Fri Mar 18 13:08:38 CET 2005

Heya!

I really like Jason's recent work on the detail dialog, especially the
thumbnail download!

I have tested it today, and overall it's excellent! Few notes:

1. When the google image search is in progress, I get a lot of "[some image
URL] does not exist" messages. Can those be suppressed or ignored?

2. I think we ought to have some default thumbnail package that can be
downloaded via the download data dialog. Then users don't have to choose and
select images for hundreds of objects manually. They can still change and
update the images. Though I think having some default package available for
download is a good idea! Since I suggested this, I'll try to work on it :P

I also applaud Jason's idea for the KStars Data Team. This is an excellent
opportunity for all users to participate in KStars. Users can also submit and
share their own image packages via the Get Hot New Stuff facility.

"I don't know how to code" is no longer an acceptable excuse ;-)

Cheers,
Jasem