[Kstars-devel] Server connection

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Thu Mar 10 23:07:04 CET 2005

Hello Gaetano,

On Friday 11 March 2005 01:05 am, Gaetano Vocca wrote:
> Dear all,
> I wanted to perform some tests about remote connection with a machine
> running KStars and an INDI in server mode but I am unable to connect from a
> client with any server I start.
> I start a driver (i.e. fliccd) in server mode on one machine using an
> instance of KStars and then I try to connect from another machine
> configuring a client on the given server port with another KStars. What I
> get back is an error dialog with a message like "Connection to INDI host at
> 192.168... on port 7268 failed" .
> The KStars "server" is the cvs version while the client is KStars 1.0 using
> KDE 3.3.2
>
> If I swap the roles using the KStars 1.0 as server and the cvs version as
> client everything works fine. Did anything change in the code?

I'm using CVS here and I cannot reproduce the problem. But INDI's code,
including that for network, was patched several times recently. A lot of the
changes were in the client side of KStars, so this explains why an old
version cannot communicate with the newer patched INDI.

Try again with two CVS versions and let me know if you still encounter the
problem.

Regards,
Jasem