[Kstars-devel] SVN: 3.5 development branch

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sat Jun 4 09:01:21 CEST 2005

Hi Pablo,

On Friday 03 June 2005 23:03, Pablo de Vicente wrote:
>   I think it is a good idea. Do you know the KDE 3.5 and KDE 4.0 release
> schedule?. A decission on the date depends on the KDE 3.5 and KDE 4.0
> release dates.

There's no solid date for 3.5 yet.  The best estimate I've seen is this
message by Coolo, which says "latest Christmas 2005":
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=110839367905112&w=2

But he also says in the same message that the 3.5 branch will be open "until
people are bored with it", so it could easily be sooner than winter.

Basically, what I am proposing is that people decide how long they need to
finish up new features that are currently "in progress" (or at least are
burning todo items).  Once those are done, I/we will begin the monumental
task of the Qt 4 port, and those who are not helping with the port will
probably have to take a little break from KStars until the Qt4 version is
ready.

For myself, I am currently finishing up my rewrite of the Custom Catalog
stuff, which I expect to commit this weekend.  I also need to evaluate my
other recent additions (Details dialog and Observing List tool) to see what
polishing needs to be done.  Altogether, I won't need more than 2 weeks
before I am ready to start with the Qt4 port, I think.

regards,
KStars: KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars