[Kstars-devel] SVN: 3.5 development branch

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Thu Jun 2 16:37:37 CEST 2005

Hello,

Very soon (I believe the plan is tomorrow), the "trunk" in SVN is going to
become the Qt4 development branch.  Qt3 development for KDE-3.5 will reside
in branches/KDE/3.5.

Furthermore, all changes made in branches/KDE/3.5 are to be "forward-ported"
to trunk.  This is going to be difficult, because trunk is going to be a
moving target once I/we start doing the Qt4 port.

So, I propose the following:  we decide on a "feature freeze" date for KStars
for kde-3.5.  Before the freeze, no Qt4 porting will occur, so trunk and
KDE/3.5 will be identical.  After the freeze, trunk will begin to diverge,
but only bugfixes will need to be merged from KDE/3.5.

Any thoughts?

KStars: KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars