[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Mike Diehl madpenguin8 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 20:30:31 CEST 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 11:41 am, Jason Harris wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I just checked out the eclipse script.  Nicely done!  I noticed a few
> things:
>
> + The DCOP function "setLocalTime" appears to set UT rather than local
> time. + Using writeConfig/readConfig to reset the user's config does not
> rest the date/time or the geographic location.
>
> I'll try to fix these.
Jason,

Sounds good.

> Also, why do you choose to show the Eclipse from Hilo, HI ?  The eclipse
> happens at midnight there.  You may want to add a note at kde-files.org
> that after downloading the file, it must be made executable ("chmod +x
> eclipse_2006.kstars") before KStars will run it.  KStars should also show
> an error messagebox when a non-executable script is encountered.

Well, this was one of the locations where a total eclipse was shown. The
problem is this, setGeoLocation city province country, many locations i.e.
Abuja Nigeria have no province so the call naturally fails.

Maybe I'll just put the script in a tarball to preserve the permissions as I
have done with the others, thanks for the tip. :)

Cheers,
Mike