[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon Jul 4 17:41:13 CEST 2005

Hi Mike,

I just checked out the eclipse script.  Nicely done!  I noticed a few things:

+ The DCOP function "setLocalTime" appears to set UT rather than local time.
+ Using writeConfig/readConfig to reset the user's config does not rest the
date/time or the geographic location.

I'll try to fix these.

Also, why do you choose to show the Eclipse from Hilo, HI ?  The eclipse
happens at midnight there.  You may want to add a note at kde-files.org that
after downloading the file, it must be made executable ("chmod +x
eclipse_2006.kstars") before KStars will run it.  KStars should also show an
error messagebox when a non-executable script is encountered.

thanks,
Jason

On Monday 04 July 2005 08:24, Mike Diehl wrote:
> On Saturday 02 July 2005 09:26 pm, Jason Harris wrote:
> > SVN commit 431032 by harris:
> >
> > applying patch from Mike Diehl, which makes it possible to run KStars
> > DCOP scripts, even when they do not look like a script built with the
> > Script Builder tool.  The user gets a scary warning message before
> > executing one of these scripts.
> >
> > This allows for much more elaborate scripts than the Script Builder GUI
> > can provide.
> >
> > I added a "don't ask again" option to the warning message box.
> >
> > Congratulations, Mike: you are now a KStars developer!  Wear your
> > uniform with pride. :)
>
> Glad to help, and I look forward to helping out with more where my minimal
> skills can apply. :)
>
> I have however posted some more scripts on kde-files.org if anybody is
> interested.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike

KStars: KDE Planetarium