[Kstars-devel] FLI CCD indi control panel

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Sat Feb 19 02:24:40 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gaetano Vocca" <yagvoc-web at yahoo.it>
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2005 3:03 AM
Subject: Re: [Kstars-devel] FLI CCD indi control panel

>I have just tested the FLI CCD driver a little bit after upgrading the cvs
> and:
> 1) In the Expose tab both the temperature slider and the edit box are now
> independent from the current temperature of the camera, it's ok to me
> (thank
> you Jasem).
> 2) Still in the Expose tab about the Duration fields. When the INDI
> Control
> panel is run the first time, the label (fourth control from left) shows
> 1.00.
> If I take a picture without filling the text box aside, the frame is 1 sec
> long and in the log window the message is "Taking a 1 seconds frame". At
> this
> point the label changes to 0.00.
> If I take a second frame still without filling the text field, in the log
> window the message is "Taking a 0 seconds frame" while the exposure is
> still
> 1 second long.

Hmmmm, okay, I'll check this problem out.

> 3) The driver needs, as supposed, to be run as root to properly connect to
> the
> camera due to the privileges of the usb device of the camera itself
>
> A very minor little note: as far as I know, for a Bias type of exposure
> the
> duration is unuseful because this should be anyway the shortest exposure
> possible for the given sensor.

True. But from the FLI manual, the shortest possible exposure is 50 ms, so
it's specified as that.

> If you have any suggestion for any test I can perform, don't hesitate to
> tell
> me, I will try.

Yes. Were you able to capture frames without problems? Was the frame sent to
KStars and displayed properly? What happens when you run the driver as a
user? what's the error messages you get?

Thanks a lot for testing this driver Gaetano :-)

Good luck,
Jasem