[Kstars-devel] FLI CCD indi control panel

Gaetano Vocca yagvoc-web at yahoo.it
Sat Feb 19 01:03:24 CET 2005

I have just tested the FLI CCD driver a little bit after upgrading the cvs
and:
1) In the Expose tab both the temperature slider and the edit box are now
independent from the current temperature of the camera, it's ok to me (thank
you Jasem).
2) Still in the Expose tab about the Duration fields. When the INDI Control
panel is run the first time, the label (fourth control from left) shows 1.00.
If I take a picture without filling the text box aside, the frame is 1 sec
long and in the log window the message is "Taking a 1 seconds frame". At this
point the label changes to 0.00.
If I take a second frame still without filling the text field, in the log
window the message is "Taking a 0 seconds frame" while the exposure is still
1 second long.
3) The driver needs, as supposed, to be run as root to properly connect to the
camera due to the privileges of the usb device of the camera itself

A very minor little note: as far as I know, for a Bias type of exposure the
duration is unuseful because this should be anyway the shortest exposure
possible for the given sensor.

If you have any suggestion for any test I can perform, don't hesitate to tell
me, I will try.

Hope it helps.

Cheers
Gaetano