[Kstars-devel] set the date - is it working?

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed Feb 9 23:29:08 CET 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 03:17 pm, Alessio Sangalli wrote:
> The question is: *how* do I set the date? I press ctrl+s and I change
> 2005-02-09 with 3033-02-09. I press ok and the date stays 2005-02-09...!

Oh, I see now.  Sorry for misunderstanding.  That date field is for display
only, you aren't supposed to be able to change the date there.  I agree that
it's confusing, but this is something we inherited from the KDE
KDateTimePicker widget (for example, try changing the date this way in the
kicker clock applet, you'll get the same frustrating non-function).

If you want to set the year, the trick is to click on the Year number
displayed above the date grid.  That will pop up a line edit where you can
enter the desired year.  This is probably not very intuitive, although when
you mouse over the year label, it is highlighted like a button, and its tip
text is "Select a year".

I will make the ExtDatePicker date display widget read-only to avoid this
confusion.  I'm not sure why KDatePicker does it this way.