[Kstars-devel] Static version

George Hein zweistein at optonline.net
Tue Aug 16 15:15:22 CEST 2005

I run Suse, Debian, Ubuntu Linux on my two laptops and desktop.  I use
ICEWM and avoid both KDE and GNOME as they use toooo much resourses, and
  are slow on older PC's (even though one is new, a ThinkPad-T42).

My only need for some GNOME files (unfortunately a lot) is because I
like GNUMERIC.  Same for KDE for KSTAR.

I have worked and played with computers for some 35 years and with
telescopes for 55 years (ground a mirror at age 14).

Compiling KSTARS or most programs often do not work due to some lacking
file(s) which cannot be found.  This business of this file requiring
this other file which requires another file -- ad infinitum is insane.

How about a compiled STATIC version for those who have problems with
compiling (I, a computer professional should not have these problems,
but since I do - what about those with limited or no experience)?

Should we all have this massive KDE and GNOME just because we want a
single KDE or GNOME based application?

Meanwhile, thanks for a great product, however I would like more stars
as I have been spoiled with Project Pluto's Guide on WinJunk environment
  to which I hardly ever boot.