[Kstars-devel] kdeedu/kstars/kstars/data

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sat Apr 30 21:25:35 CEST 2005

CVS commit by harris:

Updating default NGC/IC catalog.  Used the NASA/IPAC extragalactic
database (NED) to fill in some missing data.  Before this commit, there
were almost 3000 objects in the ngc/ic catalog that had no information at
all, and almost 8000 that had coordinates, but no magnitude.

Now, there are 1500 objects with no data, and 1800 with coordinates but
no magnitude.  (NED doesn't contian objects in the MW, which probably
explains these remaining objects).

Since most objects now have a magnitude, I can unlock the "faint limit"
for deep-sky objects, and I can implement populating observing lists
with bright deep-sky objects.

CCMAIL: kstars-devel at kde.org

  M +488 -488  ngcic01.dat   1.9
  M +416 -416  ngcic02.dat   1.7