[Kstars-devel] Get Hot New Stuff

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed Apr 20 22:58:59 CEST 2005

Hi list,

Jasem Mutlaq wrote:
> Even though I don't think there are "legal" issues with allowing the user to
> download proprietary stuff using this tool, I just wanted to make sure before
> I start working.

We're already using GHNS fro data that Debian considers "not Free
enough", so no, there's no problem with making a proprietary driver
available.  Of course, we need to make it very clear that the download
is proprietary and closed, so that the user can decide whether they
could sleep at night, if they were to taint their system in this way ;)