[Kstars-devel] INDI Library v0.2 released

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Tue Sep 28 22:19:41 CEST 2004

> My request would be whether it would be possible to support the Meade LPI
> webcam or whether it is possible to get the usb software specs for further
> development. Currently you need a rather heavy PC running .NET to be able
> get some pictures. Or going into the cheaper ccd camera's what kind of
> camera's might be supported by indi over time?

Hello Marc,

There are no plans to support the Meade LPI, if someone would like to write
an INDI Driver for the Meade LPI, I'd be more than happy to help in that
process. As far as the philips webcam, I don't think any "normal" webcam can
open the shutter for more than 1 second. There are modded webcams, but there
is no support for them yet.

As far as CCD, we have drivers for Finger Lakes Instruments CCDs. Though I
can't say they're cheap :)

> For the fits viewer it might be usefull to add a feature to stack
> pictures.

I'll add that to my TODO :)

> I got a Meade LX200GPS and Philips webcam, so in case you need some
> testing or
> bug fixing let me know.

Thanks. I'll let you know if I need any testing.

Clear skies,
Jasem