[Kstars-devel] build problems

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed May 12 01:58:46 CEST 2004

Hi Jeff,

Hopefully this document will answer all of your questions:
http://edu.kde.org/kstars/cvs.php

> 1.  in the kdeedu root directory, I have a configure.in.in.  autoconf
> requires configure.in.  Running autoconf with configure.in.in produces
> no output.

Don't run autoconf directly; just run 'make -f Makefile.cvs'.

> 2.  In the kdeedu directory, I also have a Makefile.am.in.  This looks a
> bit like a qmake project file, though I'm not sure what to do with it.
> It is interesting to note that both Makefile.cvs and the Makefile.am.in
> reference an "admin" directory off of kdeedu, but it's not present...

See the above webpage.  If you checkout all of kdeedu, then it will include
the admin dir.  If you try to do just the kdeedu stub and kstars, then you
don't get the admin dir automatically, so you have to check out kde-common
and link its admin.

> 3.  I've opened the kstars.kdevproj file in the kstars directory, but it
> complains of missing a configure script or Makefile when I try to
> build.  It is not able to generate them itself.

This will be solved by the above solutions.

> How can I get the kdeedu package, or kstars, to build from CVS without
> these files?  Once I am able to build the files, I will continue working
> on the Qt header issues.  With any luck, I can have the observing list
> completed for the feature freeze.

Feel free to let me know what problems you are having with Qt; I can probably
be of some help :)

Looking forward to the observing list feature!

thanks,
Jason

PS- keep in mind that feature freeze for 3.3 is in only three weeks.