[Kstars-devel] re: Kstars via solaris 8

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Tue May 11 04:07:33 CEST 2004

Hello,

Please note that the kstars-devel at lists.sourceforge.net list is closed.  The
active list is kstars-devel at kde.org.

> I am trying to  install kstars on a sparcstation 10 with a solaris 8
> operating system. I have been able to install any missing software up to
> now.  I have loaded the latest version of pearl from sunfreeware.com version
> 5.8.3 into /usr/local. However when I try to do the ./configure I receive a
> Qt... configure error: Qt (>= 3.1 (20021021) (headers and libraries) not
> found: Please check your installation!
> I have placed my /usr/local.bin and lib in the beginning of my path
> statement.
> Can you all point me in the direction I should look and change.
> Thank you
> Bill Lewis
> blewis5 at carolina.rr.com

Do you have the Qt headers installed?  If you have the QTDIR environment
variable defined, look in $QTDIR/include for files such as qwidget.h (and
many others).  If not, just search on your system for qwidget.h.

If you don't have the Qt headers installed, you need to install them (sorry, I
don't know how to do it under Solaris).  You will also need the KDE headers,
such as kmainwindow.h.

If you do have the headers installed, then the problem is much more simple:
you just have to tell configure where to find them.  Like so:

./configure --prefix=<path to kde> --with-qt-dir=<path to qt>

where "<path to kde>" should be replaced by the directory of your KDE
installation, and likewise for "<path to qt>".  For example, if you found
qwidget.h at /usr/local/include/qwidget.h and kmainwindow.h
at /opt/kde/include/kmainwindow.h, then you'd use:

./configure --prefix=/opt/kde --with-qt-dir=/usr/local

good luck,