[Kstars-devel] kstars splashscreen image

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed Mar 10 17:32:19 CET 2004

Hello,

Jasem sent a message about updating the KStars splashscreen image, which I
realized I forgot to respond to.  I think it's a good idea, and I like
Jasem's image, but I think maybe the "KStars" letters should be thicker.

Maybe instead of a contest, we can just come up with several alternative
images, and add a config option to select which to use (or to cycle through
them randomly, or to turn off the splashscreen entirely).

We could ship with one default splashscreen and provide the others as one of
the downloadable "extras", using the KNewStuff class.

what do you think?

KStars: A KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars