[Kstars-devel] Saving screen width/height etc.

Heiko Evermann Heiko.Evermann at gmx.de
Tue Mar 9 21:35:22 CET 2004

Hi everyone,

1) I have installed the current CVS version of kstars in order to fix
one bug that I had left behind: save full screen mode to the options and
do not save the current width/height in case of full screen mode. So I
first tried to familiarize myself with the new option code. Then I
checked the current behaviour and found out that at the moment, my
kstars does not save screen width/height.
This was different before the new option code was inserted. Is this
change of behaviour intentional? In this case full screen would not have
to be remembered either.

2) On the Linux Day in Wilhelmshaven last weekend I came across a new
listbox feature that gets used in several places of KDE by now. It is an
edit field that serves as filter input for a listbox. It gets used in
kmail and in juk. It shows all entries that have the currently entered
substring in any of the columns. This behavour would be good for the
find object dialog in kstars, too. You would find "1973 SS4" by entering
SS4. I think that could be helpful, and we would get it for free, by
just using a standard control. I will try to find the class name of this
widget.

3) The new options dialog does not appear on first click on menu
"settings". It appears after the second click and on every subsequent
click. Strange, isn't it?

Regards,

Heiko