[Kstars-devel] kdeedu/kstars/kstars/indi

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Sun Jun 27 19:56:19 CEST 2004

On Saturday 26 June 2004 8:13 pm, Jason Harris wrote:
> There's definitely something very strange happening with INDI_P.  I
> added a function to change the LED to a rectangular shape (in addition
> to changing its color to green) in the "PS_OK" case statement of the
> switch() in INDI_P::drawLt().  While the setColor() by itself does
> nothing, when I add setShape(), the LED turns green and rectangular,
> but the *wrong* LED is affected!
>
> When I click on "Connect", it's the LED next to "Ports" that turns green
> and rectangular, not the one next to "Connection".  Furthermore, after
> a few seconds pass and my debug statement indicates that the LED color
> returns to Grey, the "Ports" LED in the window remains Green.

Actually, this is the correct behavior. When you click connect, KStars first
set the port, if the driver acknowledges that, it sets it to Okay (green).
The connect LED turns yellow, and when it fails, it gets back to grey.

The code only works if we have rectangular shapes, and for some odd reason,
the circular ones do not work! Doesn't make sense to me.

This only appeared when I updated my kdelibs recently, but it could be a
coincidence, I'll revert to an older version and see what happens.

- Jasem