[Kstars-devel] Re: KStars

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Sat Jun 26 19:46:25 CEST 2004

On June 25, 2004 11:12 pm, you wrote:
> Hi Anne-Marie,
>
> Thanks for letting us know about this.  It would of course be best if
> people would file bug reports when encountering such issues, or at
> least email us directly; can you forward the mail you've gotten?
>
> Please understand that we (especially Jasem) have made every attempt to
> make sure kstars compiles on all platforms.  When compatibility issues
> exist, it's simply because we are unaware of the problem, not beause we
> are ignoring non-linux issues.  For example, see
> kstars/kstars/indi/webcam/Makefile.am where we identify different
> compile targets depending on the architecture.

They say that the v4l headers are the problems and having kernel headers in
kde code is not good. That should be an optional compilation.

09:35 < fredrikh> /usr/include/linux/videodev2.h:432: error: `__u64' does not
name a type
09:35 < fredrikh> /usr/include/linux/videodev2.h:500: error: `v4l2_std_id'
does not name a type

09:37 < fredrikh> annma: x86, linux 2.6.7, gcc 3.4

Anne-Marie