[Kstars-devel] Re: KStars

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sat Jun 26 05:12:31 CEST 2004

Hi Anne-Marie,

Thanks for letting us know about this.  It would of course be best if
people would file bug reports when encountering such issues, or at
least email us directly; can you forward the mail you've gotten?

Please understand that we (especially Jasem) have made every attempt to
make sure kstars compiles on all platforms.  When compatibility issues
exist, it's simply because we are unaware of the problem, not beause we
are ignoring non-linux issues.  For example, see
kstars/kstars/indi/webcam/Makefile.am where we identify different
compile targets depending on the architecture.

So, in short, I completely agree that KStars needs to compile on all
platforms before 3.3 is tagged.  However, for this to happen we need
people to tell us in detail what the problems are; otherwise we cannot
know that they even exist, much less fix them.

I should let Jasem answer definitively, but this is how I understand the
situation.

regards,
KStars: A KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars