[Kstars-devel] Its a mess!!!!

Heiko Evermann Heiko.Evermann at gmx.de
Wed Jun 9 20:21:28 CEST 2004

Hi Kunal,

>Hi All,
>Its been a week for me installing Kstars but still no success. I dont even
>remember how many times I upgraded my PC. I did as stated in the INSTALL
>files and in the mailing groups. I have now KDE-3.2.3, kdelibs with same
>version, qt-3.3. Am using redhat 9.0. Can someone who has a running
>version of Kstars send me his/her machine configuration(ex which KDE and
>etc). I will try to take this combination atleast to make it compile. I
>took the code from CVS, both for KStars, KDE and QT. I checked its latest.
>Feedback is really neeeded.
>Thanks for much help already given.

Are you interested in the HEAD (development) version or just in a
working kstars?
If a working kstars is enough:
=> You could install the kdeedu module from your distribution

If you want it from source, you could try a codebase that was
distributed. If you have KDE 3.2.3 installed, the sources from KDE 3.2.3
should be sufficient.

If it has to be HEAD, you might be in trouble with the
KNewStuff-problems. But then Jason and the others might have an idea.

Perhaps you could post us another error log from your last unsuccessful
build, then I can have a look at it.

kind regards,

Heiko Evermann