[Kstars-devel] opinions on using KNewStuff for Hipparcos catalog?

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Jun 4 17:53:26 CEST 2004

On Friday 04 June 2004 02:45 am, Dik Takken wrote:
> I think this is a good thing to do, but only if downloading and
> installing add-on data can be done with just a few mouseclicks from
> within KStars itself.
This is exactly what the KNewStuff class does.  It shows a list of the
available add-ons; you highlight one, and click "Install".  Pretty
cool.

> Also, I think KStars should offer the user to
> download and install the add-on data, which could be done when KStars
> is started for the first time.

That's the plan.  I have a few more things to work out, but I expect to
commit a working "startup wizard" tonight.

KStars: A KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars