[Kstars-devel] Re: Do you have problems compiling latest CVS?

Pablo de Vicente p.devicente at wanadoo.es
Fri Jan 30 22:25:58 CET 2004

El Viernes, 30 de Enero de 2004 22:12, Pablo de Vicente escribió:
> El Viernes, 30 de Enero de 2004 19:08, Jason Harris escribió:
> > Hi Pablo,
> >
> > I was able to compile a clean checkout of KStars just now.  This is on a
> > redhat 8 system at work.  What is really strange is that I don't have the
> > file "mod_devicetable.h" anywhere on this system!
>
> Hello Jason,
>
>   My /usr/include/linux/usb.h is completely different from yours, and I
> have a mod_devicetable.h full of code. I include the first lines...
>

> #ifndef LINUX_MOD_DEVICETABLE_H
> #define LINUX_MOD_DEVICETABLE_H
>
> #ifdef __KERNEL__
> #include <linux/types.h>
> typedef unsigned long kernel_ulong_t;
> #endif
>
> #define PCI_ANY_ID (~0)
>
> struct pci_device_id {
>         __u32 vendor, device;           /* Vendor and device ID or
> PCI_ANY_ID*/
>         __u32 subvendor, subdevice;
>
> The problem arises when using __u32, a type which seems to be undefined.
> Both, usb.h and mod_devicetable.h come from package libc6-dev. The glibc
> version provided by this spackage is 2.3.2.ds1-5. I have checked myself
> that type __u32 is defined in /usr/include/linux/types.h . I wonder if the
> conditional #ifdef __KERNEL__ is not positive and  <linux/types.h> is not
> included. I have commented the ifdef conditional and the make proceeds
> further but stops again with another file. That means that __KERNEL__ is
> not defined.
>
> However more problems arise later:
>
> In file included from libfli-usb-sys-linux.c:47:
> /usr/include/linux/usbdevice_fs.h:49: error: variable or field `__user'
> declared void
> /usr/include/linux/usbdevice_fs.h:49: error: error de decodificación before
> '*' token
> /usr/include/linux/usbdevice_fs.h:56: error: variable or field `__user'
> declared void
>
> I do not know how to sort this out.

OK I found it googling a bit. This is a bug in libc6-dev Debian
package concerning usb.h. To fix it one has to comment
  #ifdef __KERNEL__
in "mod_devicetable.h and add the following include to "usbdevice_fs.h"
  #include <linux/compiler.h>

This is incredible. I do not like running unstable, but I just did it to have
KDE 3.2 from the CVS. I am compiling right not KStars.

regards,

Pablo.