[Kstars-devel] adding new sources to project

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sat Feb 28 04:28:37 CET 2004

Hi Jeff,

On Friday 27 February 2004 19:40, Jeff Woods wrote:
> I've been working toward implementing an observing list.  I've got much
> of the basic support done, and am ready to begin integrating the new
> module into the build process.
Cool, looking forward to seeing it!

> What is the proper way to add a new source module to the build process
> for kstars?
Just add observinglist.cpp to the kstars_SOURCES block in
kdeedu/kstars/kstars/Makefile.am

> On a side note, I've noticed a few problems with the existing build
> process as it exists in CVS -- the packaged kdeedu files seem to build
> without trouble.  In particular, the data directory seems to be missing
> a number of files (the SAO catalog, sao*.dat), while others are named
> incorrectly (moon1.png vs moon01.png).

Hmm, those are old files that are no longer used by the program.  You should
not see them anywhere in the current code, except in the "appdata_CLEAN"
section of kdeedu/kstars/kstars/data/Makefile.am, which marks them as old,
deprecated files.  Where are you seeing them?  Are you sure you have HEAD
checked out?

KStars: A KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars