[Kstars-devel] Re: angular distance tool

Pablo de Vicente p.devicente at wanadoo.es
Fri Feb 20 07:22:41 CET 2004

El Jueves, 19 de Febrero de 2004 21:17, Pablo de Vicente escribió:

> > >  I cannot reproduce this behaviour. I move the mouse and quickly press
> > > "[" (in empty sky) and move the mouse and quickly press "]" (If you use
> > > "[" and "]" you do not need to be on an object, the empty sky is OK). I
> > > always get distances greater than 0. I have also tried on objects when
> > > the transient label is appearing and it also works here. I will try
> > > again with greater zooms or other conditions to try to reproduce this
> > > behaviour.
> >
> > Very strange.  It happens for me every time.  I hit "[" on one star, then
> > move to another star and hit "]".  I get something near zero every time
> > (like "0d 06m 14s").  I can workaround it by left-clicking at some point
> > between the "[" and "]" events; it doesn't seem to matter where or when I
> > click.
> >
> > Perhaps related: when I press "[" on an object and then move the mouse
> > away, its Transient label does not fade away, and I don't get a new
> > laabel when hovering on another object.  Again, if I left-click somewhere
> > in the map, then the first object's label fades and I can then invoke new
> > transient labels by hovering.  I don't know, maybe the problem is in the
> > transient label stuff.  Strange that it isn't happening this way for you,
> > though.  Has anyone else tried it?
> >
> > regards,
> > Jason
>
> Hello Jason,
>
> I am CCing this message to you because I have sent two more messages to the
> list but they do not show up.
>
> I have downloaded from the CVS the whole  KStars in a host different from
> the one I use to develop code. I have compiled it and tested it. The
> angular distance tool works fine for me. I see none of the effects you
> mention. Can you also try to install a fresh copy from the CVS on a
> different host to recheck this behaviour?

Hi Jason,

 I overlooked something you mentioned. Sorry. It is true that if you begin to
measure the angular distance on a star, and the transient label pops up it
does not disappear until you finish the measurement. Further, the right
status bar does not get refreshed with new coordinates while moving the
mouse. But the angular distance measurement is correct.

I will have a look at the code to understand what is going on. I will have no
time for that may be till the weekend.

regards,

Pablo.