[Kstars-devel] A directory for tools?

Heiko Evermann Heiko.Evermann at gmx.de
Mon Feb 16 22:03:11 CET 2004

Hi Jason,

>We should probably at least do the tools subdir.
>
>I looked at this a bit a few months ago.  From looking at other projects
>in KDE, it seemed to me that each subdirectory needs to have its own
>executable target; it was not obvious whether we can have a "pure code"
>subdir which contributed to the executable in the parent directory.

I think it is possible not to have an executable from a directory. One
place to start might be kdgantt from koffice. It is used in kplato and
it just produces a (shared) library.

>Another thing: we should be really sure we need a subdirectory before
>making it, as they cannot be dleeted from CVS once created! :)

One could try it with a local CVS. You can add a directory by "cvs add
dirname; cvs commit dirname". If you then try "cvs remove dirname; cvs
remove dirname", I think it will be deleted from head and will only be
found in attic. I am not 100% sure, but in that scenario it would not
matter that much.

Regards,

Heiko