[Kstars-devel] A directory for tools?

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon Feb 16 03:57:48 CET 2004

Hi,

We should probably at least do the tools subdir.

I looked at this a bit a few months ago.  From looking at other projects
in KDE, it seemed to me that each subdirectory needs to have its own
executable target; it was not obvious whether we can have a "pure code"
subdir which contributed to the executable in the parent directory.

I could easily be wrong about this; I'm surely no Makefile expert!  Even
if this requirement does exist, we could implement each Tool as a
library to be compiled separately and linked to the kstars executable;
we already do this with the kdeeduplot library...

Another thing: we should be really sure we need a subdirectory before
making it, as they cannot be dleeted from CVS once created! :)

regards,

KStars: A KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars