[Kstars-devel] Re: angular distance tool

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon Feb 16 05:05:51 CET 2004

Hi Pablo,

I'm having some trouble with the angular distance tool.  If I use just
the keystrokes to measure an angle between two objects, I sometimes get
the wrong answer.

I believe the problem is that when I hit "]" on the second object, it
uses the *first* object as both the first and second points, and gives
an angle very close to zero.  This is happening when I am fast enough
that the TransientLabel is still fading on the first object.  If I wait
until the TransientLabel appears on the second object, then I get the
correct angle.  My guess is we just need to add a call to "SkyMap::
objectNearest()" to the slot attached to "]".

Also, I am still seeing the problem where I see the previous Angle Ruler
line drawn when I press "[".  As soon as I move the mouse, it
disappears, and begins drawing the correct line.

regards,
KStars: A KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars