[Kstars-devel] kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Feb 6 18:08:39 CET 2004

Hi Pablo,

The angular distance tool is coming along nicely, good work!

On Friday 06 February 2004 09:00 am, Pablo de Vicente wrote:
> TODO:
>  - There are some errors when plotting the line. I do not know why
> yet, but the start point is offset by a small quantity from the
> clicked point.
I also noticed that when the line is first drawn, it is drawn at the
previous object's position, until the mouse is moved

> - I do not like the labels I have written in the
> KSPopMenu class. I will try to fix that, or better, somebody speaking
> good english (Jason :-) ) writes some better labels
They sound fine to me! :)  But I'll think about it...

>  - Investigate if the line can flash or if another color is nicer.
I think we need to use a ColorScheme color, because the line is
invisible in Sky Chart color mode.  I'd suggest using UserLabelColor,
or adding another color to ColorScheme (which is really easy, just add
three lines to the ColorScheme constructor, and add your new color to
the existing .colors files).

>  - See if it is possible to avoid clicking first with the left button
> and then press CTRL+[. It would be easier to just do CTRL+[ and the
> position where the mouse is hovering on is read.
This is now possible with my transient labels commit.  You can get a
pointer to the object under the mouse cursor with something like:

SkyObject *o = map()->objectNearest( map()->mousePoint() );

Note that this returs NULL if no nearby object is found, so check to
make sure o exists before using it.  If you want CTRL+[ to work on
empty sky, you can just use map()->mousePoint() in that case.

Two more suggestions:

It should be possible to cancel angle mode easily.  Probably with the
Esc key?

Why not use simply "[" and "]" for the keystrokes?

regards,
KStars: A KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars