[Kstars-devel] kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Tue Feb 3 18:22:55 CET 2004

Hi Pablo,

Cool, nice work!

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 12:49 am, Pablo de Vicente wrote:
> Still have to add a way to indicate that we are in measuring angle mode. I
> want to draw a line from the first point to any place of the sky map. That
> line would be updated as we move the mouse while the mode is on. As soon
> as we click on the second point, the line will disappear and the result
> will be shown in the status bar.

The function SkyMap::drawOverlays() is designed to facilitate this kind of
thing.  Check out drawZoomBox() and drawTelescopeSymbols() for examples (both
are called in drawOverlays() ).

Then you just have to call update() inside mouseMoveEvent() when anglemode is
on to refresh the line; update() will just repaint the stored sky pixmap and
redraw the overlays on top of it (the overlays are the infoboxes, the target
symbols, and the zoom box).

Hope that makes sense!

KStars: KDE Desktop Planetarium
kstars at 30doradus.org