[Kstars-devel] Re: kdeedu/libkdeedu [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sun Apr 18 21:28:12 CEST 2004

Hello,

On Sunday 18 April 2004 05:43 am, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> If you intend to add it to kdelibs, you should make sure all the
> files are properly licensed under the LGPL, the GPL is forbidden
> by KDE policy in kdelibs.  At least the file extdatetime.h is
> under the GPL currently.

Thanks for pointing this out.  It is a problem since that file is
derived from Qt's (QPL'd/GPL'd) qdatetime.h.  GPL sec. 2b
says that derived works must be licensed under the GPL.  The
QPL has similar language restricting derived works to the QPL.

So I don't see a way to LGPL extdatetime.(h|cpp),
unfortunately.  The same applies to extdatetimeedit.(h|cpp).

regards,
KStars: A KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars