[Kstars-devel] [Fwd]

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Thu Apr 1 00:35:22 CEST 2004

Hello David,

> Hi.  I am trying to install KStars 20040229 on Mandrake Linux with
> KDE 3.1, but make fails.  I had used the instructions here:
>
> http://docs.kde.org/en/3.1/kdeedu/kstars/compilation.html
>
> I succeeded to run ./configure which returned:  "Good - your
> configure finished. Start make now"
>
> make seems to fail in kdeeduplot, and returns:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpng
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[4]: *** [libkdeeduplot.la] Error 1
>
> Does anyone know what this error means?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> David Shupp

(please note that the kstars-devel at lists.sourceforge.net list is closed; post
to kstars-devel at kde.org instead)

You need to install the libpng-devel package, which contains developer
libraries and header files for PNG images.  See the file INSTALL for the
complete list of files that you will need to compile KStars.

(note that none of these dependencies is unique to kstars; you need these
packages to compile just about any KDE program).

Let us know if that does not work.

regards,