[Kstars-devel] Re: [kde-edu-devel] size of kdeedu

Dominique Devriese dominique.devriese at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Sep 8 16:30:46 CEST 2003

Jason Harris writes:

> Hello, Just to get the ball rolling, current size of subdirs (in
> MB):

I've also made some statistics, as i see it, the major "offenders" are
the following:

Two japanese-english dictionaries, it seems..  Not sure if these can
be shrunk or moved to kde-i18n/jp ?
    4,5M    kiten/edict
    1004K   kiten/kanjidic

i18n'd sounds  -> kde-i18n ?
    1,2M    klettres/klettres/cs
    828K    klettres/klettres/da
    796K    klettres/klettres/fr
    964K    klettres/klettres/nl
    1,2M    klettres/klettres/sk

An unused splash screen, it seems, not too big though..
   104K    klettres/klettres/pics/klsplash.png

Two huge wav files for which a much smaller ogg file is available ->
can these be removed ?
      604K    khangman/khangman/sounds/new_game.wav
      776K    khangman/khangman/sounds/splash.wav

Mainly some backgrounds for khangman, not sure if these can be
removed..
      1,2M    khangman/khangman/pics
      384K    khangman/khangman/data

The KStars star data.  This can prolly be made smaller, as Jason
already said..
      16M     kstars/kstars/data

Localised word lists.  -> kde-i18n ?
      14M     ktouch/extras/training-gen/data

The total here is a bit misleading, because not all of this can be
removed, but it seems to me that it should be possible to remove at
least 20 megs from this..

      43M     total

cheers
domi