[Kstars-devel] Cities and bug report

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Thu Dec 18 17:17:50 CET 2003

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 11:48 pm, Jasem Mutlaq wrote:
> It could be done either way. Converting the existing gpsd implementation to
> an INDI driver would take extra work. This seems like a nice feature to
> have and was even mentioned before, so I'll add it to my KDE 3.3 TODO list.
>
> Cheers,
> Jasem
>
> - PS: Has anyone been experiencing problems with email delivery from the
> list recently? I was only able to read this and other emails from
> lists.kde.org, and only a handful of emails reached my mailbox.

I haven't had problems receiving messages to the list.  However, I did
accidentally send a message to Alessio instead of the list.  I've attached it
here:
On Thursday 18 December 2003 04:51 am, Alessio Sangalli wrote:
> Yesterday night I've ordered a book about QT (Programming with Qt by
> Dalheimer, Matthias Kalle, Oreilly) so I can read it when I loose
> time on the train.
>
> What are your advices to get ready to learn QT, KDE, and Kdevelop??
> :)

I used that book when I was learning Qt as well! :)  One caution: it
covers Qt 2, and we are now up to Qt 3.2, so some things are different
now.  Still, the book will give you a good introduction to the API and
the very cool signal/slot mechanism.

The Qt and KDE APIs make it really fun to program, IMO.  Both have
excellent online documentation:
http://doc.trolltech.com/
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/libraryref.html

The Qt examples ($QTDIR/examples) are also a good resource, but be aware
that we do a lot of things differently in KDE, compared to "pure" Qt
programming.

You can also ask us questions on kstars-devel, of course.  Or on IRC.  I
haven't used IRC much, but I've been thinking about starting a #kstars
channel, would you guys be interested in that?

Hopefully the others will chime in with more bits of wisdom for you :)

Good luck,

KStars: KDE Desktop Planetarium
kstars at 30doradus.org