[Kstars-devel] Linux Journal and Telescope Control

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Wed Dec 17 07:04:03 CET 2003

Hello,

The cover issue for the Linux Journal Magazine for the Jan 04 issue is
"Astronomy and Telescope Control" and it basically covers Talon/Xephem. Talon
_was_ a commercial package developed by Elwood for telescope control and more
and now the whole package is GPLed.

Talon though is tailored to motion controllers designed by Optical Mechanics
and Oregen Microsystems, none of which used in the popular amateur astronomy
telescopes I believe.

I will try to take a look at the Talon code later on to see if I can add
support to the Optical Mechanics controllers in INDI. Maybe other parts of
Talon are useful as well.

Clear skies,
Jasem