[Kstars-devel] status of INDI devices

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqj at mailsnare.net
Mon Dec 15 17:50:48 CET 2003

>I've found a little bug. If I select some object in Kstars to be tracked
>by the telescope, and the object is out of the telescope limits (ie too
>low on horizon) on the telescope's keyboard apperas a message saying to
>press UNDO to stop the operation or ENTER to continue. However no error
>  is displayed on kstars: a message box would be useful in this case.

For the celestron, there are few possible errors when slewing:

1. "Invalid newDec in SlewToCoords"
2. "RA count overflow in SlewToCoords"
3. "Dec count overflow in SlewToCoords"
4. "No acknowledgement from telescope after SlewToCoords";
5. "Unknown error"

So in your case, you should get #4 in your status bar and you can see it also logged in the INDI control panel.

cheers,
Jasem