[Kstars-devel] [beginner] compile kstars

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Mon Dec 8 14:44:01 CET 2003

Jason Harris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The "kconfig_compiler' is a KDE 3.2 program; I think it is checking for KDE
> 3.2, and failing because it is not found.  Is that correct; do you have KDE
> 3.1.x?

Indeed

> If so, try editing the file kdeedu/configure.in.in.  This file contains a line
> "#MIN_CONFIG"...change this to "#MIN_CONFIG(3.1)".  Then run "make -f
> Makefile.cvs" again, then run configure.
>
> Let us know if that works,

Yes it works nicely.

However I have another problem. While on my laptop (pIII at 700MHz + ati
mach64 4MB) the program runs very well, on my desktop computer (Athlon
2500+, matrox g400max 32MB) 9 times out of 10 kstars loads but then
blocks; I can see the X process that takes up 99% ot cpu time. The only
solution is to kill kstars (while the X system is verrrry sloooow to
accept commands). Even the one time kstars works as expacted, the
scrolling is much slower than in my laptop. I've already installed the
latest drivers from Matrox but nothing changes. I've put a 2.6 kernel
but the situation is the same. DRI is enabled, if it matters.

Are you aware of any bugs similar to this one?

Thank you
as