[Kstars-devel] Dear developers

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Tue Dec 2 21:55:04 CET 2003

Hello Santiago,

Greetings, and thanks for your interest in KStars.  Are you aware that the
latest development version of KStars already includes full-featured telescope
control?  See this webpage for a look at the documentation (with
screenshots):  http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdeedu/kstars/indi.html

Look especially at the first page; if your hardware is listed there, then all
you will need to do is download our latest code, and you will be able to
control your telescope with KStars.  If your hardware is not yet supported,
perhaps we can work together to write the necessary code for it.

You can find instructions for getting the latest development code here:
http://edu.kde.org/kstars/cvs.php

It sounds like our telescope control feature does exactly what you are asking
about, but if you need to write your own control software as a University
project, then please feel free to use KStars as the foundation (if you
redistribute the code, you will need to follow the terms of the GPL, of
course).

I am not sure how one would interface between our program and Tcl/Tk code,
however.  I am sure it is possible, I just do not know how to do it.

Good luck, and feel free to write back with further questions.

Jason

PS- your English was just fine :)

--
KStars: KDE Desktop Planetarium