[EXTERNAL] Adding Filters to 64bit Version of Kst

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:23:05 GMT 2021

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 11:02 AM BRISSET, Nicolas wrote:

> Thanks Tormod!
>
> The automatic build for Windows was setup by Peter Kümmel, but I fear he has moved on to other occupations so it is basically unmaintained :-(

Yes, and I offered one year ago to fix it, but my suggestions were
ignored. Please see our e-mail exchange from last year. Basically you
just need to add me to the Sourceforge project. Meanwhile I have also
got an account (tormod) on invent.kde.org so I can commit the
necessary build fixes there if you give me access. I'd like to help,
but as you probably as well, I have not lots of time for this nor
infinite patience so I need to be able to contribute efficiently.

> If I understand correctly, using MXE you have been able to build a full Kst including all the optional libs (or a large number of them)? Nice!

Yes, all optional libs. And thanks to the MXE binary packages, without
having to compile all of Qt etc. With these packages downloaded and
installed, I can cross-build Kst from scratch in 5 minutes.

> I don't know whether performance is similar to that of a MSVC build. According to Peter MSVC was better if I remember right, but I never tried it.

The previous automatic builds for Windows were also cross-build using
MinGW, so no changes there. I won't look into MSVC builds. I would be
happy to kick the old build into working again. On longer term I hope
we can sort out the MXE issues properly, get all dependencies
"upstream" in MXE, and maybe use this for the automated builds.

Regards,
Tormod