Build help - Windows

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 19:23:01 GMT 2019

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 3:29 PM Steve Maher wrote:

> Unfortunately, we are very reliant on the getdata library.
>
> I've poked around the getdata/dirfile website/mailing list and I don't see a major API change announcements.  Can someone briefly describe the "getdata library changes"?

That's a very good question. Apparently the latest version getdata
0.10.0 works fine, but what is the minimal version needed? The file
cmake/modules/FindGetdata.cmake refers to getdata >= 0.6.0 and needs
updating.

In the git history I found b8e48192 "kst2 can now handle
frame-variable strings" which I think is the commit that introduced
changes requiring a newer getdata than the 0.8.0 that was previously
working (included in the Travis Windows build).

Also, what is the minimal version of cmake required? I see provisions
for using cmake < 3 and CMakeLists.txt itself declare 2.8.7 but for
example the Travis build scripts download a cmake 3.4 binary instead
of using the 2.8.12 that would be available on the build machine
(Ubuntu 14.04). But who knows, maybe the build script was originally
written for an older Ubuntu version without new enough cmake, and 3.4
was the newest at the time.

Regards,
Tormod