About live streaming data plot

Steve Maher Stephen.F.Maher at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 16 15:26:18 BST 2018

Hi,

I suspect Notepad reads the entire file and then closes the file, let's you
view/edit, and then. when you write it also closes after the write.  By the
time KST sees the change, Notepad does not have a file handle open to the
file.

Having said that, I use KST on windows - writing both .txt files and
dirfiles from a custom (Java) application.  The application keeps the
dirfile file handles open continuously and that kst plugin has no problem
reading updates.  Perhaps the KST .txt reader is a little more finicky.
Our .txt writer opens, writes, and closes the .txt file for each (1 Hz)
update so again, KST is probably the only file user when it retrieves
updates to the .txt file.  I suggest you change your .txt writer to
open/write/close for each update.

Steve