About live streaming data plot

JAMES WATT jmsnwtt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 04:02:58 BST 2018

Hello Kst experts,
Kst is a such a wonderful tool for plotting live streaming data.
It just works.
I can validate it by opening a .txt data file by Notepad and change it on
the fly and see the change is reflected within Kst.
However, I have another application that generates to streaming data and
export it to a .txt file in real time.
Once I open Kst and set this file as the data source, the application
prompts  'Could not write to file.(Cannot open file...The process cannot
access the file because it is being used by another process.)'
My question is why is Kst compatible with the plain Notepade.exe but not to
the other application?
If Kst only reads to a .txt file, can I set it to a more "recessive" mode
so that the other application won't deem it as a writing race condition
risk.
Thank you for any comments.