[Kst] beginner questions

Jerzy Wrobel wrobel at ifpan.edu.pl
Fri Mar 6 11:01:29 UTC 2015

Hi to All,

I plan to use KST to monitor live data stream produced by
experiment. My data acquisition program generates
online.csv file which content is monitored by KST at certain
time intervals. However, when a new measurement cycle starts
and the "old" online.csv file is overwritten by a new one,
KST stops updating and the "old" data are still displayed.
To monitor the new data stream and start updating I must
press the "Reload All Data Sources" button. Initially, the
new online file is of course smaller than the old one. Maybe
this is the problem? Is there a method to display the new data
"automatically"?

It would be also nice to monitor a data stream
having some reference data curve already present
in the same plot. Is it possible with KST?

Thanks in advance and many thanks to Barth and others
for the excellent and useful program.

Carlos,
P.S. I am using win and KST 2.0.8