[Kst] Antw: Re: Apply df1.kst for df1.dat to df2.dat from kst2 GUI

Ben Lewis benlewis003 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 11:54:54 UTC 2015

Hi Rodger,

Kst almost supports the functionality you are describing.

You can move a Kst session file, and any referenced data files, to any location on your computer,
and so long as the relative path from the session file to the data file does not change, Kst will
find it. Kst will first try to load any referenced data files using the full path location, if any
data files are not found Kst will then try the relative path.

Having said that, I like your idea of falling back to a third option of trying the current directory
of the Kst session file. I can think of a number of times when this would have been handy.

If Barth/Nicolas/Peter like this idea you could submit a feature request. I have seen this sort of
thing get implemented surprisingly quickly.

Regards, Ben