[Kst] resubmission of annotation exporting

Info@transtuner info at transmissiontuner.com
Fri Apr 17 13:24:35 UTC 2015

I decided to kindly resubmit this- I will appreciate any response.

Hello everyone, I have looked at many other data plotting softwares and
KST seems to be the best foundation for what I need.  I'm not well
educated in C++ or any programming but am motivated to learn if I need
to.  I was wondering if the following might be considered for inclusion
in future updates or if what I need could be built with a custom plugin.

I analyze 30-40 minute csv streams with hrs:minutes:seconds as the X
axis and plot 9 to 11 Y axis curves.  I zoom the x axis to one second
intervals or smaller.  I would like to have the ability to highlight all
y data points at the same time as I pan through the data with my right
and left arrow keys, contrasted to being limited to highlighting data on
just one curve as it is now.  I would also like to be able to annotate
at particular places on the x axis and be able to export those
annotations to another csv file for a "bird's eye" view of my
annotations.

Are my wants going to be difficult for an experienced programmer to
write, or does it seem fairly do-able?  Are there any developers out
there that would be willing to take on such a project to earn a bounty? I've looked at the
source with kdevelop and have not been able to find the "highlight data
points" mode feature, nor have I been able to compile it yet.

Some free programs have limited exporting features but are not really
good enough to use extensively- such as datplot.  Panning is a real
chore as it must be done with mouse keys or by dragging the mouse.
Other programs have good highlighting features but do not import typical
csv files.  I tried out Sigma-plot and was very disappointed - kst is
better already for what I need.

Having the ability to plot multiple y curves in the same plot with their
own Y scale would be very nice as well, my data curves range from a 0-6
scale on one y and 0-4000 on others, with several 0-100 in between.
Plotting the Y curves in separate charts is the only way I can see the
0-6 curve, and that is something I can live with, but it would be great
to see all curves in the same plot.

Thanks, Jason